Unemployment Tuition Waivers
- Students will not be reimbursed and allowed to apply a waiver to a registration for which a payment has been made.
- Unemployed persons are required to apply for Financial Aid and receive a decision prior to submitting a waiver. The Financial Aid office will issue a form that must be submitted with the tuition waiver form when registering for classes. We suggest financial aid applications be submitted no later than July 15 for the fall semester. For information about applying for financial aid, click here
- Students may only register for open classes with available seats; students will not be overloaded or signed into a closed course section when using an unemployment tuition waiver.
- Students may only register for the specific courses listed on the waiver form by the One-Stop counselor. The waiver form will not be accepted if there are any alterations or changes marked on the form.
- Students using the unemployment tuition waiver may register for classes no earlier than two business days prior to the start of the semester.
- Fees are due on the day of registration.
- Documentation is required from the New Jersey Department of Labor as proof of eligibility to enroll. This documentation must be dated not earlier than 30 days prior to the first day of class.
- Students must bring their complete educational plan from the One-Stop counselor each time you are registering for classes.
- Students must complete the appropriate Middlesex County College Registration Form and include payment for all fees.
- Unemployment training grant recipients only. To have the paperwork issued by your One-Stop counselor completed:
- This does not apply to tuition waiver students.
- If you are interested in non-credit courses or programs, please contact The Career Training Center at 732.906.4231.
- If you are enrolling in a degree or certificate program on the credit side of the College, please call 732.906.2595 to schedule an appointment to have the paperwork issued by your One-Stop counselor completed.
- For more information, read here
Senior Citizens Tuition Waivers
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students will not be reimbursed and allowed to apply a waiver to any registration that was paid previously. Students using a senior citizens’ waiver may not be overloaded into a closed course.
Middlesex County residents who are 65 years or older may take courses on a space-available basis and have the tuition waived. Students using a senior waiver may register two business days prior to the start of the session. Students may not be overloaded into a closed course when using a waiver. Proof of age is required. All fees must be paid by the student and are due on the day of registration.
Volunteer Tuition Waiver
Volunteer firefighters, first aid and rescue squad members, their spouses and dependent children may qualify for a tuition waiver. In order to be eligible, the volunteer shall agree to serve as a volunteer member for a minimum of four (4) years, and sign an agreement with the municipality in which the squad or association is located pledging four (4) years of service in exchange for tuition credit. Following each year of volunteer service performed, the volunteer or the spouse or the dependent children shall be entitled to receive tuition credit up to $600, not to exceed a maximum of $ 2,400 for the member, children and spouse over a four-year service period. The volunteer must complete a volunteer tuition waiver form, available in Enrollment 帝豪棋牌, each semester.